Howick Hornets Minor Hockey Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct identifies the standard of behavior which is expected of all Ontario Minor Hockey Association (“OMHA”) members and participants, including but not limited to all players, guardians, parents, coaches, officials, volunteers, directors, officers, committee members, conveners, team managers, trainers and administrators involved in OMHA activities and events.
The OMHA is committed to providing an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect. Members and participants of the OMHA shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner consistent with the values of the OMHA which include fairness, integrity and mutual respect.
During the course of all OMHA activities and events, members shall avoid behavior which brings the OMHA or the sport of hockey into disrepute, including but not limited to abusive use of alcohol, use of non-medical drugs and use of alcohol by minors. OMHA members and participants shall at all times adhere to the OMHA operational policies and procedures, to rules and regulations governing OMHA events and activities, and to rules and regulations governing any competitions in which the member participates on behalf of the OMHA.
Members and participants of the OMHA shall not engage in any activity or behavior which interferes with a competition or with any player or team's preparation for a competition, or which endangers the safety of others.
Members of the OMHA shall refrain from comments or behaviors, which are disrespectful, offensive, abusive, racist or sexist. In particular, behavior, which constitutes harassment, abuse or bullying, will not be tolerated.
It is expected that all parents, players and coaches will:
- Behave in a respectful and honest manner towards all officials of the game as well as towards all players and coaches on all teams. Their behavior will be expected to set a positive example and attitude for all involved in the game of hockey
- Should you have a problem or concern the proper escalations must occur.
- Reach out to your coach or parent representative. If you feel they have not resolved the concern to your satisfaction.
- Provide, in writing, your problem or concern to Howick Athletic Association – who will review and provide next steps.
Consequences of not following the Code of Conduct
The H.A.A. will investigate complaints of violations of this Code of Conduct and may act in one or both of the following manners:
- For a first offence a recorded reprimand from H.A.A. will be issued to the member.
- For a second offence or a grievous 1st offence (discretion of the H.A.A.) an additional game suspension(s) will occur.
- Further offences will result is removal from Howick Minor Hockey program for all parents and children within the family.
** Please review with all members of your family.